A stylishly contoured poplar body and pure Jackson neck-through-body construction ensure ergonomic comfort during long sets along with monstrous sustain and smooth playing all the way up to the 24th jumbo fret. Graphite-reinforcement rods run through the maple neck, protecting it against environmental depredations, while the ultra-fast 12″-16″ compound radius bound laurel fingerboard is built from the get-go for easy chording and riffing near the nut and rapid, fret-out-free leads as you move up the neck.
The SL3X DX comes loaded with a select power trio of Jackson High output humbucking bridge and Jackson double rail pickups for complementary harmonics and highly dynamic responsiveness. Harness the sonic horsepower of these pickups with five-way pickup blade switching and single volume and tone controls.
The recessed Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system is fluidly easy to use, ensuring that your axe precisely returns to its original tuning after every dive-bomb or flutter.
Stunningly wicked in a variety of finishes including an all-new Absinthe Frost finish , the X Series Soloist SL3X DX bears Jackson’s traditional appointments—black hardware, knurled dome-style control knobs, pearloid sharkfin fingerboard inlays, zebra pickup bobbins and the famous Jackson pointed 6-in-line black headstock.
- 25.5″ scale length
- Poplar body
- Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement, scarf joint and gloss color matched back finish
- 12″-16″ compound radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays
- Jackson High output humbucking bridge and Jackson double rail middle and neck pickups
- Five-position pickup blade switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Jackson sealed die-cast tuners and standard strap buttons
- Available in Absinthe Frost with Jackson pointed 6-in-line black headstock and black hardware
THROUGH-BODY MAPLE NECK CONSTRUCTION WITH GRAPHITE REINFORCEMENT
Neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980, allowing for greater playability comfort and enhanced sustain. Neck-through is a method of guitar construction which involves extending the piece of wood used for the neck through the entire length of the body. Graphite-reinforcement rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
12”-16” COMPOUND RADIUS MAPLE FINGERBOARD
Jackson pioneered the use of the innovative 12″-16″ compound radius design, in which the maple fingerboard gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for comfortable and natural-feeling chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending nearer the heel. Maple also makes for bright and focused tone.