A new take on bass. Via Nutube technology. The Korg Volca Nubass Vacuum Tube Synthesizer is a tiny but powerful bass synthesizer. It features a Vacuum Tube Oscillator or VTO with two waveforms. This takes analog warmth to another level. Meaning you get that great analog warmth with huge power. It features a great sounding CV filter with cutoff and peak control. It’s Volca like you’ve never heard before.To give your bass lines more muscle, the Drive effect pushes your sound further. Add to this an LFO with a pair of Waveforms to give your bass lines dynamic movement. Now you’ve got yourself a fully fledged bass synthesizer in a tiny form.
Two tube technology
At the heart of the Volca Nubass is two vacuum tubes. One is used to generate a sawtooth/square wave whilst the other is used to drive the sub oscillator. This adds huge depth and warmth by an octave below the oscillator. The Nutube technology provides you with a fresh harmonic character.
Featuring a 16 step sequencer, the Volca Nubass is great for driving your tunes – no matter where you play them. Use the motion sequence function to record knob movements which can apply parameter changes over time to the sound. You can save up to 16 sequence patterns together with motion sequences included. Great for preparing live sets.
Distinctive low-pass ladder filter
Rounding off the sound is the ladder filter. This provides your bass lines with its own distinct character. Effecting the signal in unique ways that run the gamut of sonic timbres. From acid house to techno, the range of musical styles that Volca Nubass can handle is wide and you’ll never be short for inspiration whatever music you make.
- Vacuum tube oscillator (VTO) with two waveforms
- Sub oscillator with saturation
- Voltage controlled filter with cutoff and peak control
- Attack/decay envelope
- LFO with two waveforms
- Sequencer with motion recording
- Drive effect
- MIDI In
- Sync in/out
- Headphone out
- Keyboard: Multi touch Keyboard / step key
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Maximum: Polyphony 1
- Structure: VTO (oscillator, sub-oscillator), VCF, VCA, EG, LFO, Overdrive
- Number of parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16 (pattern chain is available)
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16 (No.1 – 10 are factory preset)
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: MIDI In
- Battery life: Approximately 8 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply: AA alkaline battery ×6, AA nickel-metal hydride battery ×6, or AC adapter “KA-350” (optional)
- Included Items: Six AA alkaline batteries for checking operation, Sync cable
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 193 × 115 × 46 mm / 7.61″ x 4.54″ x 1.82″
- Weight: 370 g / 0.82 lbs. (Excluding batteries)