8-Voice Wavetable Synthesiser
Leaning on the heritage of our legendary OO series synthesisers, ARGON8 is a modern wavetable synth for music performers, producers and sound designers. With its transparent and rich sound, an array of real-time controls, full MPE support, a straightforward, structured user interface and integrated performance tools, ARGON8 is a unique instrument, designed to deliver an unmatched sonic experience.
ARGON8’s sophisticated wavetable engine generates thousands of different sonic combinations with its seamless waveform morphing feature. Explore evolving ambient textures, classic pads and modern chords, brutal bass’, dark drones and psychedelic noise textures – ARGON8 is a true sound designer’s playground. Process and cross modulate the waves using either the 32 static wavetable modifiers and unlock additional wavetable variations. With ARGON8, virtually every sound imagination comes to life.
Four morphable filter types deliver contemporary and classic options to shape sounds. Two flexible audio rate (1x polyphonic) LFOs can be routed to a huge amount of destinations using the modulation matrix and sync to internal or external tempo. Three dedicated envelopes for the filter, amp and modulation provide excessive control over dynamics and expression. ARGON8s sophisticated 12-slot modulation matrix supports easy assignments of complex modulation routes to keep the sound evolving. Four common modulation routings are pre-set here to free up space for more interesting ideas.
Bring performance to a new level with the integrated 512-note Realtime / Step Sequencer with four powerful Animation Lanes. that instill massive and complex transitions to the sound in a way that LFOs and Envelopes simply won’t provide. The polyphonic 64-note step sequencer mode enables easy step input for note and animation values to create exciting melodic patterns. Multiple sequencer trigger modes coupled with the powerful onboard arpeggiator (programmable up to 32 steps) and performance features such as Chord hold, Inversions, Transpose, Sustain Latch and the Joystick turn ARGON8 a performers and players dream.
ARGON8s professional approach to serious artists finds perfect expression in the rugged steel and aluminum chassis and the premium FATAR TP/9S 37-note full-size key bed. The keys support channel aftertouch and deliver smooth action to express powerful playing performances. For direct access to the parameters, ARGON8 features 28 endless knobs, 24 buttons and an X/Y joystick for pitch and modulation.
Reshape your sounds completely with the onboard stereo effects engine. ARGON8’s 3-slot FX engine enables in-depth programming and can combine up to 11 FX algorithms to add character and depth to your sound, including Distortion (waveshaping overdrive) Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb.
With a comprehensive set of connections, ARGON8 feels at home in every environment. Control the synth using USB, monitor with headphones or using the dedicated line outputs, sync with external gear using the full-size MIDI in and out or the 3.5 mm Sync in or outputs and take control of your sound using the built-in Sustain and Expression inputs. Expanding the sound of Agron8 is possible by poly chaining any two ARGON8 units for 16 voices and 64 oscillators.
The free MODALapp brings the comfort of screen-based editing on your computer or mobile device. Available as a standalone app for macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS, or Android systems and in VST3 and AU plug-in formats it is the perfect companion for synth enthusiasts looking to deep dive into all sound forming and performance parameters to create their own signature sounds, and to backup and manage patches and sequences.
- True 8 voice polyphonic
- 32 high-resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice
- 120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets Additional PWM bank and 3 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2
- 32 static wavetable modifiers including, de-rez, wave folders, waveshapers, phase shapers and rectify can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a mind-boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes.
- 8 types of oscillator modifier including Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync
- Voice Drift and Width controls that help to create massive stereo soundscapes
- 2-pole state variable filters, 4 Filter types – ‘Standard’ filters are based on the resonant filter found in other Modal synthesisers and ‘Classic’ with a more rounded character and a softer resonance response.
- 3 dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions
- 2 Audio rate LFO’s with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions
- 8 assignable modulation slots and 4 additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 11 modulation sources and 52 modulation destinations
- Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Realtime sequencer with 512 notes with polyphonic mode and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
- Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- Waveshaping distortion
- 3 incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- User Memory
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 100 FX presets
- 8 Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches
- Controls and Performance
- Premium 37-key Keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 28 endless encoders, 24 buttons
- Volume knob
- 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Multiple keyboard modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- Enclosure and Display
- Road-ready steel and aluminum enclosure
- 1.54-inch large OLED display for instant visual feedback at all times of playing/editing
- Inputs and Outputs
- 2 x unbalanced 6.3 mm (1/4”) TS outputs (L/R)
- Stereo 6.3 mm (1/4”) stereo headphone output
- Stereo 3.5 mm (1/4”) input with the ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- 6.3 mm (1/4”) sustain pedal jack
- 6.3 mm (1/4”) expression pedal jack
- 3.5 mm (1/4”) Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Class-compliant MIDI over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Power: DC-9.0V – 1.5A centre-positive
- Editor Software
- Optional MODALapp software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
- MODALapp can also be run within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), with VST3 and AU versions available
- Dimensions (l x W x H): 55.5 x 30 x 10 cm (21.9 x 11.8 x 3.9 inches)
- Weight: 5.60 kg (12.4 lbs)