A Top-notch Studio Sub with Impressive Features
The PreSonus Eris Sub8 offers clean low-end reinforcement for your monitoring chain, thanks to a first-rate low-frequency driver and a state-of-the-art 100-watt Class AB amplifier. Continuously variable input gain and lowpass filter controls make tailoring this powered studio subwoofer to your room easy, while a defeatable highpass filter prevents sub-80Hz frequency content from reaching your main monitors. Easily connect it to the rest of your gear with a full complement of balanced and unbalanced I/O. You also get a polarity invert feature, plus solid protection against RF interference, extreme output current, excessive heat, and more. The bottom line: the PreSonus Eris Sub8 is a top-notch studio subwoofer that’s a must-have add-on for your Eris E3.5, E4.5, or other small-sized studio monitors.
First-rate driver and state-of-the-art amplifier
The Eris Sub8 delivers smooth low-frequency transients, thanks to its first-rate driver and state-of-the-art amplifier. The 8-inch, front-firing, paper-composite transducer includes a high-elasticity rubber surround for squeaky-clean low-frequency audio reproduction, while the 100-watt Class AB amplifier supplies robust output with minimal distortion. We’re impressed by the Eris Sub8’s performance here at X Music — for the money, it’s an excellent powered studio subwoofer.
Customisable sound reproduction for any room
Tailoring the PreSonus Eris Sub8 to your room is a piece of cake, by virtue of its plentiful tuning controls. A gain knob enables -30dB to +6dB of continuously variable output, while a continuously variable lowpass filter cleans up unwanted resonances in the 50–130Hz frequency range. You also get a defeatable highpass filter that removes the sub-80Hz frequency content from the Eris Sub8’s full-range output before it reaches your main studio monitors. A polarity invert switch rounds out the Eris Sub8’s robust feature set.
Killer software package included
New, all PreSonus Monitors now include Studio One Prime, and to take it to the next level, the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite is also included. This extensive collection of popular plug-ins from manufacturers such as Maag Audio, Lexicon, and Arturia, adding up to hundreds of euros of extra value. Punch up your mix bus with Brainworx’s bx-opto, add ambiance with Eventide’s SP2016-inspired Stereo Room reverb, fire up transients with SPL’s Attacker, and much more. And since these plug-ins are available in AAX, VST, and AU formats, they’re compatible with any DAW you choose.
PreSonus Eris Sub8 Studio Subwoofer Features:
- 8-inch, front-firing, paper-composite transducer delivers smooth low-frequency transients
- High-elasticity rubber surround ensures squeaky-clean low-frequency audio reproduction
- 100W Class AB amplifier supplies robust output with minimal distortion
- Gain knob enables -30dB to +6dB of continuously variable output
- Continuously variable lowpass filter tames resonances in the 50–130Hz frequency range
- Defeatable highpass filter prevents sub-80Hz frequency content from reaching your main monitors
- Polarity invert switch corrects phase-cancelation issues
- Balanced and unbalanced I/O ensures easy connectivity with the rest of your gear
- Solid protection against RF interference, extreme output current, excessive heat, and more