A Value-packed Pro-level Studio Solution
Looking for an effective way to integrate your console or patchbay into your recording rig? Want ultra-clear digital conversion and next-to-zero latency? How about a $1,500 price tag? Sound too good to be true? It’s not. The PreSonus Quantum 4848 delivers all of the above. 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA with up to 120dB of usable dynamic range. A state-of-the-art design that was heralded by Sound on Sound magazine as “the fastest Thunderbolt interface on the planet.” And ample expandability, including dual ADAT lightpipe connections and twin Thunderbolt 2 ports that allow you to cascade up to four interfaces together for a staggering 192 channels of blazing-fast, low-latency recording power. The Quantum 4848 is one of the most value-packed studio solutions out there.
Pro-quality conversion, clocking, and more
PreSonus clearly went all out with this amazing audio interface, as the 24-bit/192kHz converters onboard rival just about everything on the market. We’re talking about 120dB of clear and spacial dynamic range. Top it off with rock-solid clocking, and the Quantum 4848 is an ideal central hub for your recording rig.
Epic speed and flexibility of Thunderbolt 2
Don’t want to worry about latency anymore? No problem. Pick up this PreSonus Quantum 4848, and hardware latency is virtually a thing of the past. Even when you load up your sessions with high-sample-rate tracks, your Quantum 4848 packs the performance you need to never miss a beat. Thunderbolt 2 lets you stack up to four Quantum 4848s together for 192 ins and outs — so if you’re looking for a way to integrate a console or large patchbay into your recording setup, then this is the way to go. On that note, dual ADAT optical ports make it easy to expand your I/O with additional preamps and converters.
Remote control via FREE UC Surface app
Here’s an amazing bonus — you can control virtually all of your Quantum 4848’s onboard features via PreSonus’s free UC Surface control software. Grab your iPad or other tablet, fire up the app, and control your Quantum 4848 from anywhere you have a network connection. It’s great for tracking vocals or keeping an eye on detailed meters, no matter what your recording software is doing.
Killer software package included
Packaged with Studio One Professional, the Quantum 4848 provides you with everything you need to start recording on your computer. And to take it to the next level, PreSonus includes the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite. This extensive collection of seven popular plug-ins covers models of top studio gear from manufacturers such as Maag Audio, Lexicon, and Arturia, adding up to hundreds of dollars of extra value. Punch up your mix bus with Brainworx’s bx-opto, add ambience with Eventide’s SP2016-inspired Stereo Room reverb, fire up transients with SPL’s Attacker, and much more. And since these plug-ins are available in AAX, VST, and AU formats, they’re compatible with any DAW you choose.
PreSonus Quantum 4848 Features:
- Impressive 48-in/48-out audio interface in a 1U rackmount chassis
- Thunderbolt 2 connectivity delivers such low latency, Sound on Sound called it “the fastest Thunderbolt interface on the planet” in mid 2017
- 32 channels of DB-25 line-level I/O for connection to consoles, patchbays, and more
- Expand your system with 2 sets of ADAT I/O for enough channels to comfortably track entire bands at once
- Cascade up to 4 Quantum 4848s via dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for up to 192 channels
- 24-bit/192kHz digital converters deliver amazingly clean sound with 120dB of dynamic range
- Includes Studio One Professional DAW software for macOS and Windows
- Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of 7 amazing plug-in emulations of classic studio gear by Maag Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, and others