How it Works:
- Order your copy of PreSonus StudioOne 6
- Create an online account at my.presonus.com
- We will send you a download code within 24 hours
- Download your copy of StudioOne 6 and start creating straight away
Impressive Audio Production on a Budget
Known throughout the industry as one of the most easy-to-use DAW applications of all time, PreSonus Studio One offers you a simple yet comprehensive set of tools to turn your ideas into complete projects. And in Studio One 5 Artist, you get more value than ever, with all new functions and capabilities, such as clip gain envelopes and aux channels, that rival many far more expensive options. And the thing we love the most about this DAW is that you don’t need a degree in recording to get the most out of it. That’s the beauty and power of PreSonus Studio One 6 Artist!
Audio-production workflow simplified
From the moment you open Studio One 6 Artist, you’re ready to get to work. The Start Page greets you with everything you need to get rolling. That’s where you’ll find all of your songs, as well as all of the personalised information and settings you’ll use from project to project. From there, you go to the Song Page. The Song Page gives you instant, drag-and-drop access to the tools you need to record, edit, produce, and mix your tracks. There’s a complete suite of virtual instruments and plug-in processors waiting for you, and accessing everything from audio loops to entire preset channels is just a swipe of a mouse away. By the time you know it, you’ll have recorded your tracks with your favourite audio interface, processed and edited them to perfection, and mixed it all into a polished piece.
Under-the-hood optimisation for performance
One of the things that PreSonus has always understood is that not everyone lives at the top of the market. In many cases, stepping up to the latest version of a DAW means either upgrading your computer or limping along with an underpowered system that simply doesn’t perform as you’d anticipated. One of the reasons we’re so quick to recommend Studio One is that PreSonus puts a ton of work into keeping the code light and efficient. That means you don’t have to have the latest machine (or even second to latest machine) to get everything you need out of Studio One 5.
What’s new in Studio One 6
Both Studio One 5 Artist and its big brother and Studio One 5 Professional include a number of excellent updates that keep this DAW at the top of its class. For starters, there’s the redesigned Native Effects plug-in suite. This bundle of PreSonus’s staple effects and processing plug-ins features a refreshed look and compelling upgrades, most notably State Space Modelled drive stages for the Analog Delay, Rotor, and Tricomp plug-ins. Instead of relying on compressor/limiter plug-ins, you can now use Clip Gain Envelopes to correct volumes on a clip-by-clip basis. Aux Channels let you patch in external sources (returns), without the need for an audio track. Finally, Key Switches and Note Controllers support opens up more advanced MIDI performance and programming possibilities.
New to Studio One 6 Artist
Historically, Studio One Artist has been somewhat limited in its capacity beyond its own processing capability. In version five, PreSonus decided to up the ante with some essential expansion options. Now you can use third-party software with your Studio One 5 Artist setup, including VST and AU plug-ins, as well as apps that send audio and MIDI via ReWire. But the addition to Studio One 5 Artist engineers appreciate the most is PreSonus’s Studio One Remote app support. This app lets you control your DAW when you aren’t at your desk — something that’s super handy when you’re recording vocals or parked in front of your amp. Finally, now that it’s upgraded for 64-bit floating-point WAV encoding, Studio One 5 Artist lets you get the most out of your modern audio interface and OS.
PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW Software Features:
- Easy-to-use, value-packed DAW software
- Simple single-window environment with drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support offers intuitive workflow
- Create and produce music with unlimited audio and instrument tracks, buses, and effects channels
- Aux channels let you easily integrate external hardware
- Craft entire songs from sections via the Arranger track
- Loaded with 5 impressive virtual instruments: Impact XT multichannel drum sampler, Presence XT sample player with 14GB sound library, Mai Tai polyphonic analog modelling synth, Mojito monophonic subtractive synth, and Sample One XT sampler
- Loaded with 32 Native Effects, including ProEQ2, Analog Delay, and more
- Patterns step sequencer emulate the workflow of traditional hardware sequencers
- Add your own third-party VST and AU plug-in effects, processors, and virtual instruments
- ReWire support lets you integrate audio and MIDI from compatible apps
- Comes with 7GB of royalty-free loops and content
- Get the most out of your computer and audio interface with 64-bit support and up to 384kHz resolution
- Export tracks to SoundCloud and enjoy other integrated services such as PreSonus Shop, and PreSonus Exchange
- Studio One Remote app support lets you control your sessions when you aren’t at your desk
- Use Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, and Logic shortcuts, or create your own
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces