Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Italy, the RE.CORDER hybrid acoustic-digital instrument is a brand-new take on the traditional soprano recorder. With its built-in wireless connectivity, digital sensor platform, and interactive app, the RE.CORDER takes the classic recorder into the future.
In acoustic mode, RE.CORDER works just like a traditional soprano recorder. When the silent/digital mode is engaged, a series of digital touch sensors detect the player’s fingering and a pressure-sensor measures the strength of the breath which generates the musical tone. RE.CORDER can also be used as a lightweight, highly portable MIDI instrument / controller.
Designed, engineered, and constructed entirely in Italy, RE.CORDER features a series of digital touch sensors that detect the player’s fingering and a pressure-sensor that measures the strength of the breath that generates the musical tone. The RE.CORDER can also connect to a mobile device or a PC/Mac and communicate in real time its complete musical data including its status, the notes played, the pressure strength and accelerometer data.
The free RE.CORDER App features learn-and-play songs, a wide selection of classical, rock, and pop scores, a digital teacher that offers assessment while playing, and the ability to play with a friend on the same app using the DUO function.
The RE.CORDER connects the traditional instrument to a modern world of sounds and creative uses by exploring the infinite capabilities of a new state-of-the-art digital platform.
Key features of the RE.CORDER include:
- Built-in wireless connectivity and sensor platform
- Touch sensors which detect fingering
- Pressure-sensor measures the strength of the breath
- Additional inertial sensor for adding musical expressiveness to one’s playing
- Bluetooth LE connectivity & MIDI interface
- Customized fingering and modes to allow for technique challenges (including simplified fingering, lip sensor instead of pressure, and more)
- Colors: white, red, blue, black