FANTOM-0 brings your creative world together, combining the sonic power and fluid workflow of the top-of-the-line FANTOM series in streamlined instruments that go everywhere your inspiration takes you.
Equipped with an expressive 88-note keyboard with weighted action, FANTOM-08 has everything you need to create and perform at the highest level. Play and produce with thousands of Roland’s best sounds and unleash your musical vision with a color touchscreen, hands-on controls, and deep computer integration derived from the flagship models.
- Sounds and features inherited from the flagship FANTOM series
- Seamless workflow with no confusing modes
- Light and durable molded body design for easy transport
- Play and produce with thousands of electronic and acoustic sounds powered by Roland’s advanced ZEN-Core and SuperNATURAL technologies
- New SuperNATURAL pianos with authentic acoustic grand sound and response
- Virtual ToneWheel Organ with harmonic bar control and quick-fire playability
- Deep onboard sampling features
- Scenes contain settings for all 16 layers plus effects and patterns
- Clip-based sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering
- TR-REC sequencer inspired by classic Roland drum machines
- Color touchscreen, high-resolution knobs, sliders, RGB performance pads, and dedicated synth control section
- Pitch/mod lever and illuminated pitch and mod wheels
- Massive DSP power for plenty of polyphony and smooth sound transitions
- 4×32 USB audio interface and native integration with Logic Pro, MainStage, and Ableton Live
- Mic input and powerful onboard vocoder
- Support for Model Expansions, Sound Packs, Sample Packs, and more from Roland Cloud
- Comes with 15 Wave Expansions and 10 Sound Packs, available for download from Roland Cloud
- Compatible with FANTOM Scenes that use ZEN-Core, SuperNATURAL, and Virtual ToneWheel Organ sounds
- Custom 88-note keyboard with weighted action
88 Keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
SuperNATURAL Acoustic Piano (EXSN01/03 Preload)
SuperNATURAL Electric Piano (EXSN02 Preload)
VTW Organ (Only ZONE2)
Various MODEL sound generators (Require adding EXM Series)
* ZEN-Core Tones and Model Tones can import and export.
* Backup file has compatibility with FANTOM-6/7/8, but it can read the enabled features only.
* The expansion are rewritable internal sound generator memory.
You can download data from the Roland Cloud and write it via a USB flash drive into the FANTOM’s internal memory.
16 zones (Internal + External)
128 scenes x 4 bank
* The Scenes can import and export.
3,500 tones or greater
90 Drum kits or greater
* When “Scene Remain Switch” enabled.
Tone Remain does not apply to VTW Organ sounds.
Rating System: 4 steps (0-3)
Tone Search/Scene Search
Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
Part EQ: 16 systems
Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
Insertion Effect: 2 systems, 90 types (Serial/Parallel connection selectable)
TFX: 1 system, 90 types
Input MFX: 1 system, 90 types
Chorus: 9 types
Reverb: 7 types
Input Reverb: 7 types
Input EQ: 1 system
Band: 13, 20, 32
Type: Mono, Stereo
Preset Setting: 10
User Setting: 20
Chain: 16 Scenes x 32 Pages (Total 512 Scenes) per 1 Chain set
Marker: 36 (0-9, A-Z, a-z) per 1 Chain Set
8 (per each track)
Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
Piano roll edit (Touch Edit/Automation support), Microscope
1 (per Scene)
Original, SMF export/import supported
* PAD Sampler trigger data can be recorded.
SMF (Format 0/1)
A/B loop function
* The pattern sequencer and SMF player can be used in each scene.
They cannot be used at the same time.
SAMPLER – KEYBOARD MULTISAMPLE
16/24-bit linear, 44.1/48 kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported.
Number of Samples
Number of Multisamples
The maximum is 2 minutes 44 second (1 Sample).
* A total of approximately 256 MB (Share with Expansion titles)
* Keyboard Multisample can import and export as ZEN-Core Tone.
SAMPLER – PAD SAMPLER
16/24-bit linear, 44.1/48 kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
Number of Samples
16 pads x 4 banks
The maximum is 60 minutes (the equivalent of approximately 660 MB).
* A total of approximately 2 GB (including imported WAV files)
* When you use the PAD samples as KBD Wave, then you have to manipulation it.
SAMPLER – INTERNAL STORAGE SPACE FOR FILES
Sample Pad,Note Pad,Partial Sw/Sel,DAW Control,Zone Mute,Zone Solo,Kbd Sw Group,Rhythm Pattern,Pattern,Variation Play,Group Play
* When connect to MX-1
Pitch Bend/Modulation lever *1
Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
Control knob x 8
Slider x 8
Wheel x 2 *1
Function knob x 6
Sound Modified knob x 2 *1
4 x 4 Pad
*1: 1,024 step editing support
It can be use with Cutoff, Resonance.
Graphic Type, 5.5″ (1,280 x 720 dots), backlite LCD (Color/Touch screen, Screensaver, Wallpaper support)
Headphones jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch TRS type)
SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
SUB OUT STEREO (PHONES) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type PHONES Support
Mic Input jacks: 1/4 inch TRS type
Line Input jacks: (L/MONO,R) (1/4 inch phone type)
FOOT PEDAL jacks(HOLD, CTRL1, CTRL2)
MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
USB MEMORY port
USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
External Device Port: A Roland A-49 or an A-PRO series MIDI Controller can be connected. * Operation is not guaranteed if a generic MIDI device is connected.
Max 24 bit/96 KHz
Record 16 Stereo Channel
Playback 2 Stereo Channel
USB Flash drive (sold separately)
Options (sold separately)
KS-G8B, KS-10Z, KS-12, KS-20X
Pedal Switch: DP series, RPU-3
Expression Pedal: EV-5
USB Flash drive
Responsibility for ownership of the Goods passes to the purchaser once we have delivered them.
Unless otherwise advised, delivery will be made by a fully-insured courier service, within normal business hours. A signature at this address will be required.
The charge for delivery will be shown at the final checkout stage before final submission. Unfortunately X MUSIC IRELAND LIMITED cannot guarantee delivery times or dates. The delivery charge shown is a standard charge and does not constitute a guarantee of delivery date from the time you have placed an order.
All delivery times and dates are subject to stock availability in Head Office, the backlog of orders, and Weekend or Bank Holiday exceptions. Unfortunately X Music Ireland Limited can in no circumstances, therefore, compensate for delayed orders.
Damages/shortages must be notified within 3 working days of delivery.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Irish Orders with a value of over €199 (€200 +) are shipped free of charge unless otherwise stated. Some goods like digital pianos may incur an additional cost. Please see your cart at the time of purchase.
Online purchases made outside the EU: Purchases made outside the EU may be liable for additional customs tariffs and/or local tax. These additional charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.