THE FLAGSHIP SAMPLING SIDEKICK
The SPD-SX PRO is the ultimate sampling pad for the most demanding gigs. With years of road testing and extensive user feedback from the SPD-S and SPD-SX, the top-tier SPD-SX PRO raises the bar again. Harnessing the advanced sample pad technology of its predecessors, the SPD-SX PRO boasts an array of requested professional enhancements and is built for life on the road. Illuminate dark stages with a large color display and customizable multi-color trigger lights. Expand your performance setup with more audio outputs, additional trigger inputs, and hi-hat and FX expression pedal control. And go further with a massive 32 GB memory, 48 kHz audio playback, increased pad sensitivity without crosstalk, and a dedicated SPD-SX PRO App for easier kit editing.
- Nine pads with Roland’s advanced trigger technology, including six large pads and three top-row shoulder pads
- High-visibility, horizontal and vertical LEDs with multi-color customization
- Increased shoulder pad sensitivity and improved crosstalk performance
- 4.3-inch color display for easy navigation and viewing during performance
- Import 48/44.1 kHz (16-/24-/32-bit) WAV/AIFF files and MP3s (32–320 kbps) with automatic conversion to 48 kHz/16-bit upon loading
- Stereo main output, four direct mono outputs, balanced for easy mixing on stage
- Connectivity for up to eight external individual triggers/pads (four stereo triggers or eight mono triggers with Y-cables)
- Dedicated SPD-SX PRO App for Windows/Mac for easy importing, managing samples, and deep kit editing
- 32 GB of internal storage for samples, backing tracks, and click tracks
- Input for hi-hat or footswitch expression control
- Connect hi-hats, kick, and snare for a ‘mini drum kit’ setup
- Up to 200 kit patches (43 erasable preset kits and 157 user kits)
- Over 1550 pre-loaded, high-quality samples and sounds
- 16-step pad sequencer function
- Onboard effects engine with up to four effects in parallel, plus side chain with output routing
- Built-in click/metronome
- Create in real time by recording performances as WAV files and assigning them to pads
BUILT TO HIT THE ROAD
Equipment on the road takes a beating on and off stage. Since 2011, pro drummers have put the SPD-SX through the ultimate trial by fire, from packed clubs to sold-out stadiums. The SPD-SX PRO adds to that legacy, incorporating years of feedback into its upgrades. With customizable LED lights, a large color screen, and triggering you can count on, this bulletproof package is ready to rock night after night.
Customizable Pad-Dividing LED Lights
When the lights go down, the PRO lights up. Customizable pad-dividing LED and trigger lights let you see all nine pads on dark stages—goodbye gaffer tape! Assign any vertical or horizontal light to one of ten preset colors or create and name your own. Group together kicks, snares, backing tracks, and clicks with their own assigned color. And set the horizontal pad lights to be on constantly, light only when a pad is struck, or flash dynamically with its assigned WAV.
The SPD-SX PRO has nine super-durable pads. The top three shoulder pads include a revised sensor structure for increased sensitivity and even-sounding hits when the pad is played—no matter the mounting angle. You also have increased crosstalk protection to prevent accidental triggering of other pads. And if you already own an SPD-SX, the SPD-SX PRO size is so close in size that you can use your existing carry case and accessories…no need to repurchase any extra gear.
Color LCD Screen
Playing in the dark just got easier. The SPD-SX PRO features a large 4.3-inch color screen with backlit function buttons, tabs, and a jog-dial for lightning-fast sound selection. The display shows essential real-time information such as A & B sample layers, WAV sample names, sample playback progress, and more.
ALL THE SOUNDS YOU NEED
The crowd roars. The pressure is on. You need the right sounds at the right time. The massive 32 GB memory will hold your entire music catalog for multiple gigs. With 1,550 onboard samples, 200 lock-and-loaded kits, and balanced outputs, you can put the SPD-SX PRO to work right out of the box. Plus, easily sort and search your sounds with sample tags—no more searching for a needle in a haystack.
Storage & Sounds
Storage worries are now a thing of the past. With 32 GB of internal memory, the SPD-SX PRO holds nearly 44 hours of crystal-clear 48 kHz/16-bit stereo audio. And there’s no need to fuss with converting your source formats. You can load 48/44.1 kHz WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files with varying bit rates, and the SPD-SX PRO will automatically convert them to its native 48 kHz/16-bit audio format—a huge time saver.
Loaded Samples and Sounds
The SPD-SX PRO comes loaded with 1,550 high-quality sounds and 200 kits (43 erasable preset kits and 157 user kits). And in the heat of battle, the SPD-SX PRO’s processing power lets you swap to a new kit without cutting off the sound of the existing kit—so as the audio decays at the end of the last sound that you played, you’ve already changed kits ready for the next track in the set. Need even more options? Dive into Roland Cloud sample libraries and explore the ever-expanding selection of sounds.
It’s easy to create custom sound layers when you assign two sounds to a pad. You can assign a sound as the MAIN layer within the pad menu and then select another sample to layer with your original sample—resulting in MAIN and SUB sounds on the same pad. Then alternate between MAIN and SUB layers. You even have separate volume, pitch, transient attack, and release control for each sound, so you get the perfect blend of layers.
With expanded trigger inputs, there are even more playing possibilities at your fingertips…or feet. You can play with up to nineteen surfaces when you max out all pads, external triggers, and footswitch inputs. Connect a hi-hat controller, like the Roland VH-10 V-Hi-Hat, and play with open and closed pedal expression or add snare and kick pads to create a mini drum set. Alternatively, you can connect an expression pedal for real-time effects control as you play.
There are no reviews yet.