How it Works:
- Order your copy of PreSonus StudioOne 5
- Create an online account at my.presonus.com
- We will send you a download code within 24 hours
- Download your copy of StudioOne 5 and start creating straight away
Fully Comprehensive Music and Audio Production Platform
Music and audio production can be intimidating. Luckily, PreSonus Studio One 5 Professional makes recording, producing, mixing, editing, mastering, and even publishing totally accessible. What’s more, it allows you to do it all from a single intuitive interface. By intuitive, we’re talking about drag-and-drop simplicity, easy-to-follow workflow options, and a user interface that lets you approach your projects the way that works best for you. Most of this has to do with the staple features and functions Studio One has offered since version one, but with the updates and improvements offered in version five, such a the Show Page and Score View, Studio One is more powerful and flexible than ever!
Note: This is a specially priced upgrade version for owners of any versions of Studio One Professional or Producer. Please call 01-4111100 for further details.
Comprehensive audio production made easy
Since the beginning, Studio One has taken the spotlight worldwide as one of the most comprehensive yet easy-to-use DAWs on the market. For starters, while it’s a solid platform any professional engineer can appreciate, it’s truly aimed at musicians and home recording enthusiasts. At the same time, it doesn’t sacrifice capability for accessibility. Instead, it brings creative tools such as Chord Track and Harmonic Editing into the foreground where songwriters and arrangers need them to be. Additional tools expand your production possibilities. For example, Studio One 5 Professional’s Project Page goes beyond individual tracks to simplifying the mastering process. Simply put: if you want the tools you need to produce great tracks, without spending a lot of time just getting to know your software, then Studio One 5 Professional is an excellent choice.
Under-the-hood optimisation for performance
One of the things that PreSonus has always understood is that not everyone lives at the top of the market. In many cases, stepping up to the latest version of a DAW means either upgrading your computer or limping along with an underpowered system that simply doesn’t perform as you’d anticipated. One of the reasons we recommend Studio One is that PreSonus puts a ton of work into keeping the code light and efficient. That means you don’t have to have the latest machine (or even second to latest machine) to get everything you need out of Studio One 5 Professional.
What’s new in Studio One 5
Both Studio One 5 Professional and Studio One 5 Artist include a number of excellent updates that keep this DAW at the top of its class. For starters, there’s the redesigned Native Effects plug-in suite. This bundle of PreSonus’s staple effects and processing plug-ins features a refreshed look and compelling upgrades, most notably State Space Modelled drive stages for the Analog Delay, Rotor, and Tricomp plug-ins. Instead of relying on compressor/limiter plug-ins, you can now use Clip Gain Envelopes to correct volumes on a clip-by-clip basis. Aux Channels let you patch in external sources (returns), without the need for an audio track. Finally, Key Switches and Note Controllers support opens up more advanced MIDI performance and programming possibilities.
Why choose Studio One 5 Professional?
While PreSonus dramatically expanded Studio One 5’s capabilities in general, there are plenty of additional upgrades you only get with Studio One 5 Professional. Studio One Professional is known for its massive suite of tools and instruments that already make it outstanding. These additions simply up the ante.
First, there’s the Show Page, with interacts with the Song Page to provide a drag-and-drop environment for arranging content such as backing tracks, virtual instruments, entire plug-in racks, and more. Similarly, Extended Mixer Scenes let you take snapshots of your entire console state, so you can recall all settings or just the ones you want (volume, pan, mute, etc) at any time.
Another mixer-like aspect to Studio One 5 Professional is the Independent Listen Bus, which emulates the control room feed provided by large-format consoles traditionally found in professional studios. It’s perfect for multi-room recording setups. Next, PreSonus added Melodyne Essential 5 integration directly into Studio One 5 Professional, expanding its integrated vocal editing tools with chord detection, chord grid, and more.
Other improvements to Studio One 5 Professional are more focused. Composers will love the addition of Score View, which adds Notion composition and notation software capabilities right into Studio One — a perfect tool for anyone who prefers to work in standard notation to the modern piano roll. For the hardcore MIDI gurus, the addition of MTC/MMC sync is a real bonus. It makes Studio One a rock-solid platform for controlling and synchronising MIDI-controllable gear.
Studio One 5 Professional DAW Software Features:
New to Studio One 5 Professional Only:
- Show Page lets you arrange backing tracks, plug-ins, virtual instruments, and more for live performance in a simple drag-and-drop interface
- Score View offers notation support from PreSonus’s award-winning Notion composition software
- Melodyne Essential 5 integration provides advanced pitch- and time-correction tools, directly in your DAW
- Extended Mixer Scenes let you capture and recall all or part of your mixer state, including volume, pan, mute, insert, send, and other settings
- Independent Listen Bus provides and large-format center console control-room feed with AFL/PFL solo and insert slots for room calibration plug-ins
- MTC/MMC Sync lets you sync Studio One to external devices sending MIDI time code
New to Studio One 5:
- Clip Gain Envelopes let you adjust volume dynamically on a clip-by-clip basis to avoid unnecessary compression or limiting
- Aux Channels allow external audio sources to be fed into the mixer, without the need to create audio tracks
- Key switches are now filtered and excluded from any type of playback processing
- Note Controllers support and MIDI Polyphonic Expression
- Redesigned Native Effects plug-in suite features a fresh new look and new features, with Analog Delay, Rotor and Tricomp being updated with a State Space Modelled drive stage
Other Studio One 5 Professional Features:
- An accessible, easy-to-use DAW that lets you compose, record, produce, mix, master, and perform
- Intuitive single-window environment with simple drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support
- Unlimited audio and instrument tracks, advanced automation features, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Console Shaper emulates the sound of an analog console with control overdrive, noise, and even true channel crosstalk
- Arranger Track with innovative Scratch Pads
- Build unique sounds with Multi Instrument and Extended FX Chains
- Chord Track manipulates audio and note data of any or all tracks for Harmonic Editing and song prototyping
- Comes with 5 powerful virtual instruments, including Impact XT drum sampler, Presence XT virtual sample-player, Mai Tai polyphonic analog modelling synthesiser, Mojito monophonic subtractive synthesiser, and Sample One XT live sampler and sample editor
- Patterns allow for intuitive drum and melody composition via classic step sequencer UI
- Presence XT virtual sample-player instrument includes 14GB library
- Mai Tai polyphonic analog modelling synth features character morphing and modulation matrix
- 37 Native Effects with freshly redesigned UI, 5 virtual instruments, 4 Note FX, plus 64-bit AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support
- VCA Faders that act as group faders for any number of tracks
- Pristine sound quality with native 64-bit resolution and support for up to 384kHz audio
- Integrated mastering suite includes automatic mix updating, DDP, Redbook CD burning, and digital release
- Use Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, and Logic shortcut key commands or create your own
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
- AAF support makes it easy to pass songs/sessions to other DAWs
- Integrated online Cloud Services include the PreSonus Shop, PreSonus Exchange, and bidirectional SoundCloud integration