The Ultimate Headphones for Electronic Drumming
Jointly developed by Roland and V-MODA, the VMH-D1 V-Drums Headphones bring you a complete personal monitoring solution purpose-built for the electronic drumming experience. Fine-tuned by the V-Drums design team and V-MODA engineers, these unique phones deliver premium sound that realizes the full sonic potential of your V-Drums set and any other e-kit. Comfortable to wear and outfitted with smart practical details, the VMH-D1 is an essential tool that no electronic drummer should be without.
- Premium headphones designed for use with V-Drums and all electronic drum kits
- Jointly developed by Roland’s V-Drums team and V-MODA
- Specially tuned for the dynamic transients, wide frequency range, and rich overtones of electronic drums
- Large memory foam earpads and cushioned headband deliver extended comfort for long playing sessions
- Form-fitting earpads provide excellent isolation from acoustic pad noise and other outside sounds
- Two detachable cables: 3 m/10 ft. cable for tangle-free drum playing and 1.5 m/5 ft. cable for everyday music listening
- Retainer to route the cable behind the neck during playing sessions
- Rugged headphones hanger with urethane grip that fits a variety of drum and cymbal stands
- Carrying pouch for protecting the headphones during transport
- Personalization options available through V-MODA’s shield customization service
Expert Tuning by Roland and V-MODA
The VMH-D1 is the first collaboration between the Roland V-Drums team and V-MODA, the leading name in headphones for DJs and electronic musicians. Working closely through many development stages, they crafted a special design that couples custom 50 mm drivers with select materials and new mounting methods to accurately translate the aggressive transients, wide frequency range, and rich overtones of every electronic drum set. And if you play a V-Drums kit with Prismatic Sound Modeling, PureAcoustic Ambience, and other advanced Roland sound technologies, the VMH-D1 brings them to life like never before.
Headphones are the connection between your valuable kit and your ears—skimping here can make or break your musical satisfaction. The VMH-D1 completes your drumming experience with top-quality performance to match your dedication and ambition. Custom tuning immerses you in high-impact sound, connecting you with the drums as no standard music headphones can. Prepare to get lost in endless inspiration with tight, punchy bass for kick tones, warm, full midrange for the snare and toms, and smooth, extended highs for the cymbals. And with the big soundstage and crystal-clear separation, you’ll hear subtle drum overtones, natural cymbal decay, room sounds, and ambience effects in full 3D detail.
The VMH-D1 delivers long-wearing comfort with large memory foam earpads and a cushioned headband that let you play non-stop for hours. Along with their comfortable fit, the earpads provide excellent isolation to keep acoustic pad noise and outside distractions from reaching your ears. Soft and attractive, the synthetic leather covering offers moisture-wicking properties to reduce slippage and keep the phones from moving when working up a sweat.
Typical headphones keep you tethered with a short cable that always gets in the way, making it easy to dislodge the phones or pull them off your head entirely during intense drumming sessions. The VMH-D1’s extra-long 3 m/10 ft. cable provides plenty of slack for an efficient module connection that keeps it far away from your arms and legs while playing. There’s also a cable restraint at the back of the headphones to route the cable behind the head and onto the floor behind your drum throne.
The VMH-D1 comes with a hanger accessory that provides a convenient home to stow your phones when you’re done drumming for the day. It features a rugged plastic design and urethane grip that attaches to various pipe sizes on drum and cymbal stands. And with the prominent red “R” on the right earcup, you can easily see the correct orientation when it’s time to put on the phones and play again.